Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Canada's Hockey Anthem

In my previous post, I mentioned that CBC is holding a contest to find a new theme for Hockey Night In Canada. Well, I say they look no further because I have found the finalists right here. Should one of these songs be the new HNIC theme? I say give the $100,000 to one of the bands here and be proud of the new theme. They are a whole lot better than the entries I have heard so far for the official contest. Come on Canada, what is your opinion? Let me hear what you have to say on the subject! You Americans don't be shy either. I know some of you watch HNIC, so feel free to weigh in too. Which is your favourite of the ones listed below?

My List of Finalists for HNIC Anthem

Hockey Monkey by The Zambonis


The Hockey Song by The Hanson Brothers


The Hockey Song by Jughead


I Want To Drive The Zamboni by Gear Daddies


Helmet Head by Great Big Sea


Hit Somebody by Warren Zevon


If your favourite is not on this list, feel free to leave a comment and let us know what you think should be the new HNIC song. Good luck to all the contestants in the official contest and lets hope that a new classic theme is born.




No comments:

Post a Comment